Freshly restored to a high standard with great attention to detail>
1970 Volkswagen Transporter Camper with Riviera Style Pop-Top
Mileage on Rebuilt Engine: 500
Odometer Mileage: 30,952
Model: Type 2/Bus (Transporter)
Drive Type: RWD
Number of Cylinders: 4
Body Type: Utility
Fuel Type: Gasoline
Exterior Color: Blue/Pastel White
Interior Color: Blue/White
Vintage camper freshly restored highlights:
• Clean undercarriage with a light coat of bed liner protectant coating
• Extremely straight and rust free
• 2 stage paint with plenty of clear coat with a nice gloss finish
• New rubber seals for all door and window
• New chrome trim, light lenses and seals
• New heavy duty tires (GoForm G325)
• New braking system
• New steering draglink, new steering damper, and new tierods
This is a fine example of a vintage VW camper. Freshly restored to perfection and custom built to create a unique Southern California beauty. No rust, clean undercarriage with a light coat of bed liner protectant coating. This bus is extremely straight and completely rust free. The paint is 2 stage with plenty of clear coat for a nice gloss finish. All rubber window and door seals are new, new chrome trim, lights, lenses, and seals. New heavy duty tires, all new braking system, new steering draglink, new steering dampener, new tire rods, freshly rebuilt 1600cc motor that absolutely purrs. Transmission shifts smoothly and is nice and quiet. Rebuilt CV joints and new boots. The interior has been completely replaced with a brand new VDub Classics custom camper interior with Baltic birch cabinetry, panels and fold-down table. It has a rear bench seat that easily folds out to a bed that comfortably sleeps two adults, plus another fold out bed up top that is ready to sleeps two when the Rivera top is popped. There is a new custom canvas tent with screens and windows, all new marine grade upholstery in a nice complementary color combo, matching curtains for camping privacy. An 800w power inverter has been added with 110v plug ins and USB. This runs off an auxiliary marine battery for long lasting power while camping. Led dome light, USB in dash at stereo, Bluetooth and aux plug in stereo with 4 speakers. Dashboard has been completely redone and the electrical system completely gone through.
This bus is a pleasure to drive and is begging to go camping at the beach, in the desert or just look good driving around town.
Detailed description of restoration:
Steering, Brakes, Suspension
• All steering, suspension, brake components removed and either replaced or overhauled.
• Original brake calipers split and honed/rebuilt.
• Wheel bearings replaced.
• Tie rods, ball joints, drag link, steering column bearings and rubber coupler replaced.
• Steering box replaced with a used one in very good condition.
• New master cylinder, wheel cylinders, brake shoes (rear), brake pads (front), Flexi hoses.
• New brake fluid throughout.
• New shock absorbers.
• Engine removed, stripped and checked/re-detailed.
• New exhaust.
• New heat exchangers.
• New rubber seals including Main crankshaft seal and O-ring.
• All service items replaced.
• New alternator.
• New CV joints.
• Gearbox removed, checked over and detailed.
• New input shaft seal
• New gear oil
• Gear linkage refurbished
• New German starter motor.
• New 12-volt battery.
• New side marker lenses
• New rear light lenses
• New indicator lenses
• Electrics fully checked over by an auto electrician.
• Bumpers repainted in Pastel white. All new windows seals, and original Westphalia Louvered windows.
• New cab door window and door rubbers.
• New sliding door seal.
• New tailgate seal
• New sliding door seal.
• Every seal throughout replaced - from the tiny fuel filler flap grommets to the wiper spindle seals.
• New upholstered front and rear seats.
• New front cab and rear compartment mats.
• New walkthrough mat.
• New Baltic birch cabinetry, side panels and headliner.
• New front door interior panels.
• New-matching interior curtains with ties.
• New quality blue pop-top roof canvas.
• New pop-top rubber seals and trim.
• New two-person roof fold out padded bed.
• New front and rear seat belts (4).
• New fold down table in matching Baltic birch finish.
This van runs and rives like it looks, perfectly!!
We have financing available with rates as low as 3.5% with approved credit. You can apply for a loan here:
We can arrange delivery and welcome your independent inspector.
- Engine Type
- Engine Size
- 1600 cc
- Fuel Specification
- Body Color
- Body Style
- Paint Type
- Type 2
- Interior Color
- Secondary Interior Color
- Seating Type
- Seat Material
- Shifter Type
- Center Console